Wednesday 27 March 2019

Good-bye wave




Good-bye wave

As usual I was waiting, for the signal to go green.
And the mobility of road, to regain its lost sheen.

The vehicles hardly moved, from a distinct place.
They struggled as they could, to attain a pace.

I was in a rickshaw, as a creature patiently waiting.
Seemed as I were an object, in a still-life painting.

Looking out at a distance, hearing sounds and cacophony.
It very well turned out, to be a rhythm-less symphony.

Suddenly appeared from somewhere, a girl, a little road-side girl.
Her unfortunate life and times, gave my thoughts quite a swirl.

She begged, asked for alms, so precious for her, though.
Regardless for me to give, yet I told her: No

I looked at her, who might be seven or eight.
She looked up at me, pierced my eyes straight.

Her face had a feeling, compulsion in her begging arm.
Her deep, peeping eyes, brought a mystique charm.

Something to pass to her by me, for her sorrows to relieve.
Nowhere did I feel, that a penny, she forced me to give.

She was different, I felt, not from normal human forms.
Little apart from the nature, of general behavior norms.

I didn’t understand really, what was she all about.
Her unique self before the world, just created a doubt.

A compelled void in her heart, yet a smile on her face.
Was what made me pensive, at that chaotic place.

Wearing a half broken smile, she stood silent; didn’t move.
Nor did I force her away, neither decided to move.

But, the lights turned green, the wheels started grooving.
That little faultless girl, wasn’t  at all moving.

I looked back at her finally, 
as how was she to behave.
Her same asking hand changed, for me, 
to bid a good-bye wave.

44 comments:

  1. Great one. An everyone's experience but never shared in such a nice way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much.... Indraneel. You always continue to inspire me.

      Delete
  2. Really a great way to express. Something which is a routine for us....... But to express those in such a poetic way....... :) well written Ameya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rahul for the kind comments.. I appreciate it !! :)

      Delete
  3. Excellent style of writing....admire the thought of the poet as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir ji for the admiration through your comments.. !! :) ;)

      Delete
  4. Very well written.... simple yet so true

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent choice of words, and the weaving of the phrases and combinations created a rhyme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well written. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shazia for the encouragement each time !! :)

      Delete
  7. Wow!!! Beautifully written Ameya..as always..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. much thanks for the kind comments, as always, SS !! :)

      Delete
  8. Nice Ameya!! Keep it flowing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. definitely I would.. like a river !! :)

      Delete
  9. awesome man.... the climax was really touching. keep writing.....❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the kind comments, Shashank bhai !! :)

      Delete
  10. Its every day routine for all of us which we ignore,but its wonderful way of expressing deep feelings through poetic form.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful Amey..the way you have expressed it is awesome...:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good one Ameya! Very very well conveyed. Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words.. Vineet !!

      Delete
  13. Nice one Ameya. Helplessness of both is very well expressed. Meter with story goes synchronous forming a loop of everyone's experience! Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good one Ameya. Very well written. Keep it on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very well expressed. Wonderful writting Ameya.Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind comments, Birendra bhai !! :)

      Delete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well written and expressed. Keep it up bro!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Much thanks for the kind feedback.. M'am and Mandar sir !! :)
    It continues to encourage me

    ReplyDelete